Sunday, February 3, 2013

Calendar Series Introduction - January Snow !

I was told by neighbors that this snow last year was the most seen in Amboise in 30 years.  It was about 4 inches / 10 cm.  It pretty much shut down the town for a day.  This photo was taken of Place Michel Debré from the château above.  This is the main square where tourists relax at the outdoor cafés (in warmer months of course) after a strenuous day of sightseeing, cycling, or vineyard hopping.  Amboise is decidedly a tourist town.  Which means we have a lot of nice dining and shopping choices.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Daily Photo community Stuart! Always great to see your shots, but now in a daily form...how lucky we are! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully agree. I feel very lucky to now be able to see regularly Stuart's so nice shots. And keep in touch that way!
    Thank you Stuart.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anne and Michael. I have much to learn about blogging. Yet another retirement "job" !

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I would love to be one of those tourists. I"m well known for my ability to sit for long periods of time and drink wine and take street shots at the same time.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo of Amboise. I have been once and it is lovely. Can't wait to return; but, until then...I will follow your work!
    Best wishes,
    Henri

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Virginia: "It's a gift"

    For Henri: "Thanks !"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, ah, Stuart, I am sure it will be a piece of cake to you!

    ReplyDelete